Skill Development Initiative on the Courses herein suggested for Youths of bengal Youths, has been developed in close consultancy with Industry & Experts in pursuance of excellence in vocational training. The courses are designed to impart ‘Minimum Skill Set’ which is sufficient to get an employment in the professional world. Our courses allow skills up gradation/formation, multi entry and exist, vertical and horizontal mobility and lifelong learning opportunities in a flexible manner and allow reorganization of prior learning. The skill is to be assessed by the Assessing Body constituted mainly from the Industry organizations who are our Training and Placement Partners.
The Specific features of our Training Programme can be summed up in the following way:
1. Demand driven short term training courses based on Modular Employable Skills (MES) identified and decided in consultation with Industry. Our training guaranties the development of ‘Minimum Skills Set’ which is sufficient for gainful employment or self employment.
2. Optimum utilization of Human Resource through Skill Mapping to make the training effective.
3. Flexible delivery mechanism (part time, weekends, full time, on site) to suit needs of various target groups.
4. Different levels of programmes (foundation, skill formation and upgradation) to meet demands of various target groups of industry and commerce.
5. The services of existing or retired faculty or guest faculty are being utilized, thereby combining Experience with Willingness.
6. Courses are available for persons having completed 10th standard and onwards.
7. Testing of skills of an individual and issue of certification on qualifying it successfully.
8. Testing of skills of trainees by independent assessing bodies, viz our Placement Partners who do not involve in training delivery, to ensure an impartial assessment by the employer itself.